Lisa Oei PT, MSPT, DPT
Founder, Physical Therapist and Parkinson’s Wellness Coach
If you build it, they will come.
In 2015, I started my first class for Parkinson’s-specific exercise and there were only two people. Since that time, I have focused exclusively on working with the PD community, and we have had over 250 people with Parkinson’s come through our programs.
In 2018, I partnered with MarinLink to become a nonprofit organization called PD-Connect.
My passion is to guide and encourage people with Parkinson’s to live at their highest function for as long as possible. I believe people can reinvent themselves at any stage of their life. It inspires me daily to see how people are living at their best when given the right environment.
I come from a diverse background and incorporate that diversity into PD-Connect. My entrepreneurial spirit and varied work experience allows for strategic and creative solutions to address the many PD challenges.
When I’m not teaching classes, I run a concierge private practice called Positively Parkinson’s where I see people in their home for PD fitness. Before specializing in Parkinson’s disease, I worked for a decade in home health and outpatient physical therapy.
My earlier work experience is in professional sports as an Event Manager for International Management Group (IMG) Hong Kong. Ask me about Tiger Woods, adventure races, and heart rate monitors.
- University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies focused on European Studies, minor in Business Administration
- University of California, San Francisco/SF State University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (PWR!®)-Certified Therapist and Certified Instructor
- OhioHealth Delay The Disease™-Certified Healthcare Professional
- Brian Grant Foundation Training for Professionals
- YogaReach-Certified Mindful Movement for PD Professionals
- Dance For PD
- University of California, San Francisco
Department of Neurology, Physical Therapist
Parkinson’s Disease MRI Biomarker Study
Communications Director and Certified Fitness Trainer
Hi! My name is SteF and I am the PD-Connect Communications Director and Certified Fitness Trainer that specializes in working with people with Parkinson’s disease. I create PD-Specific group exercise classes by integrating my knowledge of strength, conditioning, movement, and cognition. I encourage group exercise for those who are looking to get moving in a fun, supportive, motivating, and challenging environment. At PD-Connect we have built a comprehensive program that challenges our group physically and cognitively while creating a strong, supportive community.
- Elite Certified Fitness Trainer – International Sports and Science Association (March 2014)
- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition – International Sports and Science Association (January 2016)
- Exercise for Parkinson’s Certification – Brian Grant Foundation (October 2018)
- PWR! Moves Certified Instructor – Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (October 2018)
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Training for Fitness Professionals – APDA (April 2019)
- Activator Master Trainer for Rehabilitation Professionals – Urban Poling (June 2019)
Jennifer Broder Allex, PT, DPT, NCS
My name is Jennie and I am a neuro physical therapist based out of San Francisco with 13+ years experience working with individuals with neurological conditions. I am a board certified neurologic clinical specialist (NCS) with a master’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Wisconsin, Madison and a doctorate from The College of St. Scholastica. I am a PWR!Moves® certified therapist through Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery, and I also hold a Certificate of Competency in Vestibular Rehabilitation.
I have a passion for helping with individuals with Parkinson’s disease maximize their function through brain-boosting exercise. I love the sense of community fostered by group exercise!
When I am not working with clients, I can be found exploring the outdoors or relaxing at a coffee shop with my husband and daughter. I am always on the look-out for West Coast travel recommendations or new bakeries!
If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation now, please click the “Donate” button below.