Lisa Oei PT, MSPT, DPT
Founder & CEO, Physical Therapist and Parkinson’s Wellness Coach
If you build it, they will come.
In 2015, I started my first class for Parkinson’s-specific exercise and there were only two people. Since that time, I have focused exclusively on working with the PD community, and we have had over 500 people with Parkinson’s come through our programs.
In 2018, I partnered with MarinLink to become a nonprofit organization called PD-Connect.
My passion is to guide and encourage people with Parkinson’s to live at their highest function for as long as possible. I believe people can reinvent themselves at any stage of their life. It inspires me daily to see how people are living at their best when given the right environment.
I come from a diverse cultural background and incorporate that diversity into PD-Connect. My entrepreneurial spirit and varied work experience allows for strategic and creative solutions to address the many PD challenges.
When I’m not teaching classes, I run a concierge private practice called Positively Parkinson’s where I see people in their home for PD wellness. Before specializing in Parkinson’s disease, I worked for a decade in home health and outpatient physical therapy.
My earlier work experience is in professional sports as an Event Manager for International Management Group (IMG) Hong Kong. Ask me about Tiger Woods, adventure races, and heart rate monitors.
Send Lisa an Email: Lisa@PD-Connect.org
- University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies focused on European Studies, minor in Business Administration
- University of California, San Francisco/SF State University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (PWR!®)-Certified Therapist and Certified Instructor
- OhioHealth Delay The Disease™-Certified Healthcare Professional
- Brian Grant Foundation Training for Professionals
- YogaReach-Certified Mindful Movement for PD Professionals
- Dance For PD
- NeuroMotorTraining (Karl Sterling)
- University of California, San Francisco
Department of Neurology, Physical Therapist
Parkinson’s Disease MRI Biomarker Study
Watch the Story of PD-Connect Video here:
Communications Director and Certified Fitness Trainer
Hi! My name is SteF and I am the PD-Connect Communications Director and Certified Fitness Trainer that specializes in working with people with Parkinson’s disease. I create PD-Specific group exercise classes by integrating my knowledge of strength, conditioning, movement, and cognition. I encourage group exercise for those who are looking to get moving in a fun, supportive, motivating, and challenging environment. At PD-Connect we have built a comprehensive program that challenges our group physically and cognitively while creating a strong, supportive community. When I am not teaching PD-Connect classes, I am the owner of Farina Fitness, which offers outdoor bootcamp and fitness training (farinafitness.com).
Send SteF an email: Communications@PD-Connect.org
- Elite Certified Fitness Trainer – International Sports and Science Association (March 2014)
- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition – International Sports and Science Association (January 2016)
- Exercise for Parkinson’s Certification – Brian Grant Foundation (October 2018)
- PWR! Moves Certified Instructor – Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery (October 2018)
- Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Training for Fitness Professionals – APDA (April 2019)
- Activator Master Trainer for Rehabilitation Professionals – Urban Poling (June 2019)
Maureen Rohlwing, PT, DPT, NCS, CSRS
Hi, My name is Maureen and I am a physical therapist in the North Bay Area. I received my undergraduate and doctorate degrees from Saint Louis University. I have been practicing as a physical therapist for 10+ years. I have been a board certified neurologic specialist since 2018. I am also a Certified Stroke Rehab Specialist. I find so much joy in helping others. A passion of mine has been working with the population battling Parkinson’s. I started my own business in 2022 called Wired Therapy and Wellness to be able to work one on one with people to help target their mobility goals and decrease fall risk. (wiredtherapyandwellness.com) .
I love teaching and educating about balance, strength, and flexibility and how they all work together to allow for better mobility. I thoroughly enjoy teaching group classes with great music and laughter. Group classes through PD-Connect are a great way to find support from one another and form a community. I am so thrilled to be on the PD-connect team!
Send Maureen (Mo) an email: Maureen@PD-Connect.org